Welcome to WEEK 4 of Ready. Set. WRITE! What is RSW? It’s a summer long writing intensive through which writers write/revise/plan, cheer each other on, and hold each other accountable with weekly updates. On Mondays, I will share my goals and update you on my progress.
1. So, how did I do last week? My posted goals:
- Create a year long writing calendar (June 2015 – June 2016) and schedule the steps I need to do to get my WIP ready for publication.
- Plot second book in my WIP trilogy.
- Make changes to first three chapters of WIP required.
I met ALL my goals!!
The calendar was the hardest thing. I still need to put dates on some things, but I have something to work towards for the next two months.
2. THIS WEEK’S GOALS:
Make changes to chapters 4 – 6 of WIP required.
Work on my short story for upcoming anthology (this is a hush-hush project).
Create a plot board for second book in trilogy.
3. A FAVORITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED:
The plot thickens sums up my work last week. I discovered the relationship between the protagonist and love interest was too shallow. So, I gave them a plausible history. I also gave the protagonist another obstacle to overcome. I think it will help make the story more believable.
4. THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK:
Staying focused! I really wanted to just sit back and do nothing.
5. SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WiP:
I love that it still speaks to me (don’t judge). The characters still give me input and direction. It’s their story after all.
That’s it for now. Got to work on those new goals!